There are several factors to take into consideration when deciding if you need a new mattress. Below are some signs that your mattress has lost its support.
• You tend to sleep better at other places than at home (such as a hotel).
• Your mattress shows visible signs of wear (it's saggy or lumpy).
• Rotating your mattress no longer provides the desired comfort change.
• Your mattress is 6-8 years old (this depends on the type of mattress you have, along with the factors listed above).
• You wake up tired or achy.